Sunday, October 18, 2009

The 7000 Club

  I made a New's Year resolution to do 7000 pushups and ride 350 miles on the stationary bike. The bike was easy and I was well on my way to the pushups, building up to 40 a day, when I hit the wall last month and started missing days. Now I can say Mission Accomplished and I have 10 weeks to figure out what to do for next year.

  It was a great weekend of baseball for Yankee fans. After a nice win on Friday, the Yankees pulled out a gutsy win in a rainstorm on Saturday. With a 2-0 lead, I hope Girardi scraps the 3 man rotation and lets Burnett, Sabathia, and Petite go in games 5,6, and 7, leaving Gaudin or Joba pitch game 4. I see that Hughes is still not trusted to finish the tough innings, with Rivera coming in to finish the 8th for him. I felt bad for the Angel fielders. The ball was wet, heavy, and slick and they can't be used to rainstorms or sub 40 degree temps in Southern California. In the regular season, the game would have been suspended after 10 innings, but the precious prime-time game on Monday night could not be jeapordized. Hopefully, the Angel demon can be slain this week and then on to the World Series.

  While I'm writing this, the Saints are putting a beatdown on the football Giants. Probably an OK loss that will show the Giants exactly where they are and what they need to work on.

No comments: